How to Treat Fin Rot Disease?
In this post we are going to Talk about fish fin rot disease Treatment. Aquarium fish disease is something that is not easy to identify , especially for beginners . There are various reasons for different Aquarium fish disease which I will explain in the cause and Treatment section.
Things to consider before buying an Aquarium Fish.
- Buy Aquarium Fish from a shop where they really care for the Fish.
- Take a close look of the fish within the tank to see any shattered fins , wound , red spot on the body, white spot, inactive, closed fins and any other dead fish in the same tank.
- Check for free swimming parasite like Anchor worm / hook worm or fish lice
- Check for swollen eyes or stomach bloating
- check for cotton kind of infection which is called as fungal disease
Once you see every thing is fine, then you may consider to buy the fish. Below are the Most Common Aquarium fish Disease that are fatal if not treated immediately.
So lets get started ………..
Fin ,Tail and Mouth rot Disease
Fin rot disease is developed in a fish due a bacterial infection or bullied by other tank mates nipping on the fin and tail or physical injuries . fin rot disease occurs in aquariums with poor condition, like lack space, lack of hiding place or mixing up non compatible fish , take quick action, else it can be fatal.
- Broken or deteriorated tail and/or fins.
- Dull coloration and inactive movement.
- Lose of appetite .
- Fins become frayed or their color may fade.
- Remove filter carbon and turn of UV light if you have one.
- Testing your water is very important , you can buy all in one API Freshwater master test.
- provide a stable water temperature with a help of Aquarium Heaters.
- Increase the oxygen level in the aquarium using a motor pump or power head filter
- Use API Aquarium salt With API Melafix for bacterial disease treatment for safe and quick effect .
- Change 20% Water for 5 days with the Medication to achieve best result.
Good Luck and share your feedback on the result .