How to Treat White Spot Disease?
In this post we are going to Talk about white spot / ick disease Treatment. Aquarium fish disease is something that is not easy to identify , especially for beginners . There are various reasons for different Aquarium fish disease which I will explain in the cause and Treatment section.
Things to consider before buying an Aquarium Fish.
- Buy Aquarium Fish from a shop where they really care for the Fish.
- Take a close look of the fish within the tank to see any shattered fins , wound , red spot on the body, white spot, inactive, closed fins and any other dead fish in the same tank.
- Check for free swimming parasite like Anchor worm / hook worm or fish lice
- Check for swollen eyes or stomach bloating
- check for cotton kind of infection which is called as fungal disease
Once you see every thing is fine, then you may consider to buy the fish. Below are the Most Common Aquarium fish Disease that are fatal if not treated immediately.
So lets get started …………
- White spot / ick disease
Main Cause for white spot or fish ick disease is due to rapid Temperature Change and PH Fluctuation, There are other reasons like poor water quality or poor filtration can stress your fish and cause the white spot disease. White spot is a very contagious disease and can spread to other tank mates very quickly, therefore take quick action or else it can be fatal.
- Tiny white grain like spots on the body and fins
- Constantly scratching against hard substance like Aquarium toys and Aquarium Decorative
- Clamped fins and inactive movement
- Not taking food and gasping at surface of the Aquarium.
- Remove filter carbon and turn of UV light if you have one.
- Testing your water for the pH value is very important , you can buy all in one API Freshwater master test kit or particular API pH test kit.
- provide a stable water temperature with a help of Aquarium Heaters.
- Use API Aquarium salt With API Super ick cure for quick effect on the effected fish.
- Change 20% Water for 5 days with the Medication to achieve best result.
Good Luck and share your feedback on the result .